Long Distance Relationships - Surviving another Lonely Friday Night

During the weekdays being in a long distance relationship isn’t so painful at least not when compared to long weekends at home alone. During the week, I’m busy with work and classes and sometimes fitting in a workout so I’m not as focused on feeling lonely. Then Friday night comes, and while all my friends are busy planning dates or family events with their partner, I’m left wondering what shows and re-runs will be on TV.

I look forward to the longer chats with my boyfriend on the weekends, but those calls still don’t make up for not having him next to me. It’s even worse when you get invited to an event, and you’re missing your “plus one.” Given that there’s nothing I can do but make the most of my weekends alone, I’ve come up with some tips on how to survive the lonely days when you’re in a long distance relationship:

Enjoy the Extra Time You Have to Yourself: There will come a time when your love returns home and your weekends will be so jam packed that you’ll longingly think back to the days when your time belonged just to you (and your favorite re-runs). You’ll have yours and his family functions to attend, more errands to run, and inevitably more laundry to do and that’s before the two of you decide to have kids.

So enjoy the time to yourself. And the fact that you can do whatever you want whenever you want yet you still have a partner who supports you and is only a phone call away.

Watch the Movies You Wanna Watch: Do you like romantic comedies but your boyfriend makes fun of them? Or, do you perhaps like scary movies, but they give your girlfriend nightmares? The next time you’re experiencing a lonely Friday night, head to the nearest Redbox (or Blockbuster if they still exist in your neighborhood) and rent all the movies you love that your partner refuses to watch. And as you’re renting whatever you want, you can smile as you watch all the couples fighting over which movie to pick.

Spend More Time With YOUR Family & Friends: Having your partner near is great, but you usually wind up spending less and less time with your family and friends. Since my boyfriend has been gone, I’ve spent more time with my mom, and it’s been great. I cherish this time with my family because I may not get as much time with them in the future. Use the time you have to yourself to spend time with the other people in your life that you love.

I’ll be the first to admit that long distance love is tough, but there can be a few upsides. Given that the divorce rate is so high, it doesn’t seem like being next to your partner everyday is any easier. Make the most of your situation and use it as a positive time to catch up with friends and family and perhaps explore a new hobby – all of the things you wouldn’t ordinarily have the time to do. And when your partner finally does return, you’ll be a more interesting and secure person. Here’s to a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to have found your blog. My BF and I have been together 5 years and will be moving apart next year (for at least 2 years). I started a blog too, in order to make sense of it all.
    Look forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When look at the article and picture,I as if know the real! I'm surpised to it. It's so cool! You share so good thing,I should report back to you! Recently,I found one good website when skim over some websites.It's cheap jewellery for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are some tips to help you get along in your relationship.

    http://salveovita.com/blog/know-what-do-and-what-not-do-long-distance-relations

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you are in a long distance relationship, you may find yourself falling out of love. with some seriousness and passion, you can rekindle the old flames.

    to read more, click:

    http://salveovita.com/blog/battling-long-distance-blues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sino gusto magkaEXTRA MONEY?Yung willing lang magENCODE
    Tuturuan ko at tututukan ko..Hindi ko hahayaang walang payout
    Basta gawin mo yung part mo!!
    4 REQUIREMENTS:
    1. 15-45 years old
    2. PC/Laptop with Internet Connection
    3. Knowledgeable in MS Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
    4. Accessible in any PALAWAN PERA PADALA Branch
    IF YOU THINK YOU CAN COMPLY WITH THESE 4 REQUIREMENTS,THEN CLICK THIS LINK TO JOIN:
    www.unemployedpinoys.com/register
    INQUIRIES TEXT ME AT 09352467095
    and kindly visit.
    www.unemployedpinoys.com

    HAPPY WORKING AT HOME

    ReplyDelete